Anamorphic Koinonia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Myself and Music!

2 posters

Go down

Myself and Music! Empty Myself and Music!

Post by Admin Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:55 pm

Just a bit-- I play guitar (learning.. on month four but I am getting there!) I love to sing too, maybe post covers.
Interested in creating music with others.

My tastes is broad, classic rock, heavy metal, etc... but I mostly rock obviously. The 90's are probably my favorite era for music too. Grew up on Nirvana, Green Day, Godsmack , etc.

What about you?

Admin
Admin

https://anamorphickoinonia.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Myself and Music! Empty yeah 90's

Post by Kasparov Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:01 am

I grew up liking 90's and late 80's too. Nirvana, green day, weezer, and radiohead are still bands i listen to alot. I also know a ton of their songs and try to emulate their guitar sounds. Right now, im trying to get my guitar rig and pedals set up so i can sound like the smashing pumpkins in the song Cherub Rock. I watched a video on youtube with Billy Corgan talking about his pedals, and it sounds like the used a Big Muff Pi FUZZ and a MRX distrotion plus (which is actually an overdrive) to get their rythym and lead sounds. I have a ProCo RAT but that just isnt quite cuttin it..... and i dont have money right now, and am a EE student, so i think im gonna build my own fuzz pedal this summer. Maybe ill put in an octabass function in it too. I gotta get this damn tremelo pedal finished tho so i can free up my proto boards.... I was using it with a foot pedal to control the speed of the tremelo today and it sounds awesome tho. cant wait to get it all working... anyway, does anyone else have problems getting a good wah pedal sound through a ProCo RAT? I tried setting it up before and after the rat, but it sounds like crap. Maybe its just a crappy wah pedal.... oh well. Guess il have to buy a CryBaby wah too :'(

Thanks!

-Kasparov (named after the famous chess player Garry Kasparov)  ((my real name is Cory V))

Kasparov

Back to top Go down

Myself and Music! Empty Re: Myself and Music!

Post by Admin Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:19 am

So, Cory, what does this tremolo actually do then? It controls the speed...? So, your actual movements on the guitar are modified/changed by the pedal? Why and how so?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasparov Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:59 am

A guitar pedal is something that goes between yer guitar and your amp and modifies the signal. A tremelo pedal basically turns the signal going to your amp on and off at variable speeds. A good example of this is the guiitar sound in the green day song Boulevard of Broken dreams. Some tremelo pedals vary the volume of the signal like a Sine wave, which sounds smooth, and others (like mine) vary the signal like a Square wave, which sounds harsh. My pedal on its harshest setting turns the signal totally on or off at a speed which can be controlled by a foot pedal.

Kasparov

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:01 pm

Interesting. I never actually thought about controlling the tremolo speed at all, besides actually doing it by hand that is. You should show how this works in a short youtube video and share!

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum