Anamorphic Koinonia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boehner and Rep. to sue Obama!

2 posters

Go down

Boehner and Rep. to sue Obama! Empty Boehner and Rep. to sue Obama!

Post by Admin Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:45 pm

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/25/john-boehner-obama-impeach_n_5529923.html?ir=Politics

So, we all know Reps and Dems (the more extreme ones anyways) disagree on just about anything and everything-- sometimes for no reason. Now, sometimes sure, one branch over steps their bounds. Has Obama done that? Well, there is a possibility, sure, but first I want to see the hardcore proof that Boehner will need to present.  Do you guys think Obama has abused his power to push his own agenda? Why or why not?

On another similar topic, I would like to point out how annoying it is that our government cannot get along... even on simple things. Government shutdowns, filibusters, corporate backing etc. etc... I can only imagine how our Founding Father's would feel or say about today's political system. It is just hilariously idiotic that these "educated" people waste SO much time and money doing nothing and taking long recesses, sometimes for months! Sometimes this isn't for a small reason, but lately it seems people are getting offended and angry just because their party doesn't hold ALL the power. Congress of course is the main culprit for wasting time and money... big pay checks while they get months off like school children in the summer. It is kind of sad that our politics need to be baby sat to make sure they're doing work. That's just my 2 cents. Anyways, discuss away please!

Admin
Admin

https://anamorphickoinonia.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Boehner and Rep. to sue Obama! Empty Re: Boehner and Rep. to sue Obama!

Post by Pbhead Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:48 am

Well. they do have a really long list.

The most recent of which...

well. the supreme court did just say (and 9-0 at that!) that Obama did abuse his power when he used "recess appointments" when the senate was not in recess. (...of course the thing all the justices all agreed upon was the most pathetic breach possible)

Congress does have long months off. And there were reasons for that. Firstly, for travel (basically moot now) and campaigning and talking with constituents. Also, bill writing, and reading, which is hard to do when you are sitting in session. (of course now they have a thousand "aids" to do that for them). Secondly, The founding fathers expected that congress not have that much to do. Article one section eight of the constitution for the most part spells out all the things congress was expected to (and was given the authority to) do. If one tried to reconcile that section with what congress is up to now days, I think you'll find a pretty huge mismatch!

I do agree that the salaries and perks and retirement packages and such of those guys are OP. They are almost all millionaires already.

I mean it used to be, that in order to run for congress or whatever, you would go down to a local town hall or some such similar building on a meeting day, get yourself on the agenda, give a rousing speech on whatever, ask them to vote for you, and then pass around a hat for donations.

This would now get you arrested. campaign finance laws.

Pbhead

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:22 pm

Yes, I see. Obama does believe everything he wants is completely just and "right" for America. And of course I'm sure the people he was appointing were hardcore lovers of his ideals. Though, on the other hand, so does the other side... bipartisanship and compromises are so difficult to come by these days.

That's what I thought was true... they have so much power so they also have a lot to do. Which was not intended by the Constitution or any founding documents concerning the matter. But of course if they could vote for themselves to get more power they certainly will (just like they vote on their own raises...which is just the most IDIOTIC and greedy thing I can even think of allowing in a federal office job...)

Wow, that would be one amazing thing... to see ANY person with a voice able to try to persuade people to listen to their policies and vote for them WITHOUT having to have a thousand campaign helpers and millions of dollars. Those speeches, just like the ones I know you enjoy (John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, etc.), today would be so epic. Instead, we have things like debates and CNN interviews where both sides basically yell at each other all day without giving an real answers... The pointing the finger , "Well, my idea is better than his! Because it is!" And the original question was how is your idea better? And they reply "Because his sucks!"... like wow, what an argument.

Admin
Admin

https://anamorphickoinonia.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum